Every lady loves to have beautiful nails, but the reality is that we end up with not so beautiful nails due to some bad habits we find hard to let go. Also, because our nails are exposed it makes it easy for bacteria to feed on and it makes sour nails look unattractive.
How can one then have a beautiful and also healthy nails? Here are few ways to achieve this.
1. Make sure you wear hand gloves when working with your hands (Gardening or during house chores) This will help protect your nails from germs and infection.
2. Moisturise your cuticles. You should always care it because it serves as a protection for your nail. Keep your cuticles from looking rough and dry. Rub a bit of Vaseline or moisturiser on your cuticle before going to bed.
3. Avoid biting your nails and cuticles; it can cause nail infection.
4. Don’t file your nails immediately after you shower. This is because at this stage they are weak and more likely to break. Also, file in one direction to prevent your nail from getting weak and breaking.
5. Keep your nails well trimmed. In order to prevent the transfer of germs to your body.
6. Minimise manicure to enable the growth of healthy nails. Learn to keep your manicure simple. Avoid the acrylic nails because it can lead to more nail infection. So let your nails breathe by making it look natural with nail polish from time to time.
7. Always clean your nail with a nail brush instead of a long, pointy tools that can hurt you. You should scrub your nail gently with a nail brush for a healthy and beautiful nail.
On a final note, if you notice any form of redness, swelling or unusual pain around your nails, you should consult your Doctor.
Photo Credit: Vanepolish-Instagram