All set for the big day? The clothes, the food and the general razzmatazz are in place. Friends and relatives are all there to witness and celebrate your special day with you. What better way to say thank you than with a nice souvenir. You're sure to have been to some weddings and have received all sorts in the name of wedding favours. No doubt you'd want yours to stand out.
Some call it souvenirs, others keepsakes and some others favour. Whichever way we look at it they are gifts to say thank you to your friends and family for attending and supporting your new commitment.
With several issues to deal with when planning a wedding, you'd definitely appreciate anything that will reduce your stress. Here are few tips to make choosing your wedding favour less stressful.
- If the wedding has a theme, try to incorporate the gifts within the theme. You would need to recognize what the theme of your wedding is (If it has one) and get gifts that with colours, images, or items that associate with the theme.
- Look at the possibility of it being inscribed. Often favours can double as memoirs hence, it is important to inscribe the names of the bride and groom and wedding date.
- It's usefulness to your guests and durability is highly important. Here we need to think of the practicality of the gift and it's relevance to the guests.
- Check out if it will add any decorative value to the venue by virtue of its colour(s) and or decorative appeal. Often times wedding favours may actually add some beauty to the venue.
- Most importantly work with a BUDGET.
It is always wise to work with a budget. This goes a long way to narrowing or broadening your choices.
After all is said and done let's try to keep it simple and yet elegant. Your guests will thank you for it!
By Omu Obilor