Rainy season is such a refreshing season that literally allows you forget all about your skin care routines. However, do not be deceived there are bacterias all around and you have to be aware of the infection it can bring to your skin. Therefore, come rain: come sunshine, you have to take care of your skin. Here are some tips on how to care for your skin during the rainy season.
• Rainy season makes the skin dehydrated; hence the skin must be well moisturised to keep it healthy.
• Always clean your skin at least three times a day to remove excess dirt and oil that can block your pores.
• Rainy season is never the best time to experiment with fake jewellery. This is most especially for those who have sensitive skin because the humidity in the air will only help increase the risk of a breakout.
• The weather is always cold, and bathing with steaming hot water looks like the logical thing to do, but this act can cause skin damage. Therefore, don’t shower with steaming hot water because it will make your skin capillaries weak.
• Allow your feet breathe during the rainy season. This is because wearing closed footwear will make your feet sweat, which will only give room for fungal and bacterial infections. Instead, try to wear waterproof open mouthed footwear.
• Walking in pools of water must be avoided and shoes, socks and raincoats must be kept clean and dry.
• Finally, it is important to note that the diet you consume gives a reflection to your skin. Hence, always for the balanced diet that contains all types of vitamins and minerals.
Photo Credit: omgvoices.com