The vintage wedding dress is a wonderful choice for the unusual bride who wants to set herself apart. Vintage dresses are known for elegance, class and unapologetic femininity. They are however, far from one-note with all the decades there are to choose from. From the high necks and drop waists of the 20s, the cathedral-length trains of the 30s; to the full-skirt, tea-length dresses of the 50s and the floor length silhouette dresses of the 60s; there really is an era for everyone. Here are 15 vintage wedding dresses that fill us with a longing to embody that vintage glamour.
- A beautiful sheath dress with sequins and the hand-beading that characterise vintage dresses. Peep those sleeves made almost entirely of beads. We’re in love.
- This backless vintage lace dress is gorgeous! We’d love it with a long flowing hairstyle for a change.
- 50s-inspired tea-length dress. It’s so unique it would definitely make a statement, and we are giving it full marks for practicality. There is no danger of tripping up on your dress. Complete the look with flowers in your hair and for effect, swing your dress as you dance.
- Grecian goddess alert! This calls for gold accessories in our opinion. Wear an arm band or a wrist cuff and a statement gold headpiece. You will be picked out in a sea of brides.
- Well, colour us stunned. Have you ever seen a more glamorous bride? We’re ready to frame this. If you ever needed proof that a modest dress is no compromise, this is it. The hat and red lips finish it off perfectly. We’re done.
- We love the back of this dress. A little naughty, a lot of sparkle; YES.
- Colour totally works with vintage dresses. This pale pink sweetheart number captures both the innocence of white and the individuality of a coloured wedding dress. Win-win.
- Breathtaking. Really, it will literally cause a collective gasp when a bride walks in wearing this Eileen Couture dress.
- Clean, classy and form-fitting, this one is a favourite already.
10. We adore this detailed mermaid dress. Straps are back, did you know? These ones are sparkly to boot.
11. This delicate dress is seriously tugging at out heartstrings. How can one dress be so magical?
12. This 30s-inspired Marchesa sheath dress is giving us life. The shoulder adornments are the highlight and it is just gorgeous.
13. Another mermaid dress that piles on the drama. The little flutter sleeves are very romantic and the placement of the shiny accents is genius.
14. The draping on this simple dress sells it. Remember what we said about straps too?
15. Flirty lace, sexy neckline and a sweeping hem. What says young and in love louder than wearing this on your wedding day?