Error message

Notice: Undefined variable: base_url in eval() (line 3 of /home/sugar/public_html/modules/php/php.module(80) : eval()'d code).

Ronke and Oluwole's Wedding

Saturday, October 17th 2009 marked a new beginning for Ronke and Oluwole, the marital journey started at 8 a.m. with the traditional marriage.

Spotlight: Lamu, Kenya

Pool at Peponi Hotel

Lamu lies just south of the equator tucked among the Kenyas' lush tropical coast. This tranquil town was founded in the 14th century making it Kenya's oldest town as well as the best preserved Swahili settlement in East Africa. Staying true to its origins there is no motorised transportation on the island, instead all carriage happens with the aid of donkeys or traditional Arabic dhows. Lamu has an intoxicating mix of Portuguese, Omani and Swahili cultures, if you're looking for an offbeat exotic honeymoon location look no further than Lamu.

Aso-ebi Face-off: Going Green

Which one of this ladies wore it better?

2010 Wedding Dress Photos!

We've updated our galleries. Check out these 200+ photos of wedding dresses from your favourite designers.

Colour Inspiration: Black and White

The black and white wedding colour scheme though not the most traditional of choices is gaining traction all over the world. Not sure? Click on the gallery for inspiration.

Honeymoon in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt

Sharm el Sheikh offers a world of activities perfect for couples, including luxurious resorts, glass bottom boat rides, thrilling dives, camel trekking, vibrant night life and more!. This desert hotspot offers the perfect romantic, relaxing, sunny and, economical honeymoon location.

Do you need a Wedding Planner?

A very important decision faced by couples in their planning process is deciding for or against the need for a wedding planner. About 30% of couples in Nigeria willingly engage the services of professional planners while, the remaining 70% take the bold step of planning it all themselves usually with the help of friends and family

The Sugar Wedding Guides

Vendors here's your chance to shine! we're compiling our Sugar guides to everything on Nigerian weddings, so we are looking for articles from all industry experts, proper credit will be given to all contributing vendors

Mary & Oriyomi Olaribigbe

Mary and Oriyomi met whilst at university in Bristol through a house mate. Years later they celebrated their 5th anniversary with dinner and a weekend getaway in an exclusive hotel.

Taiwo & Jide Akintokun

Taiwo and Jide got married recently with their beautiful wedding ceremonies held at the British International School, Oniru Estate.

Oyikan & Didi Awosika

The Diya and Awosika families came together recently to celebrate the union of their daughter, Oyikan and son, Didi.

Why won't they be happy for me?

Dear Mr. Sugar, I'm happily engaged to be married in a few months, but my friends and family aren't happy with my choice to get married so soon, the feel that we barely know each other and can't possibly be ready to get married. We've dated for about 4 months, and we're both a 100% sure we want to be married to each other so what's the problem?

Are you the other woman?

In light of the recent scandals…I wanted to repost this with a few extras. Please, I beg you if you know someone caught up in this, please forward. The saddest thing about all these women coming forward to kiss(lie) and tell, is their complete lack of understanding of what they are doing to themselves and how they are trying to glamorize their poor choices…So I dey ask?

Joke & Bolaji Giwa

The Agoro and Giwa families recently celebrated the union of their children, Joke and Bolaji. Their joyous occasion enjoyed by many took place at The Hall at Yetunde's Apartment, Parkview, Ikoyi.

Vendor Spotlight: Posh Potties

The Nigerian wedding industry is on fire! just when you think you know it all, something or someone new pops up. Right now the spotlight is on Posh Potties, they provide "uber" luxury mobile toilets for outdoor use.